HR Essentials Series: Part 1: HR: Your Agile Business Partner
Many companies are of the belief that Human Resources (HR) is just a transactional support function. At Aldeen Simmonds-Thorpe Consulting we challenge that thought by continuously creating, providing and demonstrating value and exceptional internal and external customer experiences. That is one way we bring the Agile HR philosophy to our clients.
Human resources is evolving and leveraging agile methodology is one way to optimize businesses with HR.
You may ask, what is the difference between the traditional and agile HR function? Let’s help you tell the difference.
- Very reactive business approach with strong reliance on Top-down communication.
- High transactional with limited strategic input and relevance.
- Culture is characterized by heavy structure with limited and managed communication. Employee recognition and engagement is second to business needs.
On the other hand….
- Proactive, responsive and highly adaptive to business requirements.
- Key focus on aligning HR strategy with Business strategy for operational synergy.
- Culture is highly engaging and focused on employee well-being. Structure is evolutionary based on embracing feedback and continuous improvement.
Boosting your business with an agile HR department is one of the best investments you can make.
Follow our series on Medium HERE